welcome to house wine
house wine advocates wine pleasure without pretence, where wine is demystified and laughs are guaranteed. Find out more about house wine and the services we provide. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive our latest wine recommendations and details of upcoming events.
wine of the week
We’re trying hard to stick to that strict post-holiday budget without compromising on great taste. Spain lends a helping hand with plenty of affordable yet appealing wines. This week, Tempranillo from the arid plains of Valdepeñas also offers warmth and comfort on the chilly winter evenings. Ripe raspberry and strawberry flavours are given extra intrigue by a slight earthiness along with notes of clove, orange and vanilla. Soft and juicy with a subtle firmness, this solid Spanish number is a welcome dinner guest anytime. But speaking of chilly, Navarro López’ Pergolas would be the perfect foil for a steaming bowl of vegetarian Chili. How’s that for economizing? – MM
$12.99 (SKU #616011) Available at BC Liquor Stores.
To see previous wine of the week recommendations click here
house wine news and events
- Don’t miss out! Join us to salute the great Scottish poet Robbie Burns on Jan.20th, 2015. Click here.
- Say Ciao Italy! at our next sit-down tasting we explore Italian wines on Feb.11th, 2015. Click here.
- Donate wine to the Vancouver Symphony Ball wine auction on Feb. 12th, 2015. Click here.
- Read Michaela’s article ‘The case for wine with soup’ in the Jan.13th Westender. Click here.
- Read Michelle’s first article for My Wine Canada ‘So You Want to be a Wine Consultant’ on Jan.13th. Click here.