welcome to house wine
house wine advocates wine pleasure without pretence, where wine is demystified and laughs are guaranteed. Find out more about house wine and the services we provide. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive our latest wine recommendations and details of upcoming events.
wine of the week
The last stop on my Northern Italy tour took me to the lovely region of Friuli-Venezia-Giulia. Bordering Slovenia, this lesser-known corner is a brilliant source of fantastically fresh whites. Among the large roster of grapes planted here (including Pinot Grigio), Friulano is considered the flagship variety. Clean, delicate aromas of stone, grass and acacia flowers are followed by flavours of lemon balm and fennel on the palate. Medium weight, textured and minerally, it finishes with appealing bitter almond notes. Simply made for enjoying a glass with food, a mouth scrubbing saltiness will clean your mouth out between bites. The locals would drink it with San Daniele prosciutto or frico. Think flavourful mountain cheese melted with slices of potato. Sounds a bit like raclette to me! – MM
$19.95 (SKU # 466433) Available at BC Liquor Stores.
To see previous wine of the week recommendations click here
house wine news and events
- JOIN US for our next wine savvy tasting France 101 on Oct. 29th, 2014.
- Join us for the exclusive 1982 Bordeaux Dinner/Fundraiser for the LAST Project on Oct. 30th, 2014. Click here.
- Single Men needed for our next Singles in the City cooking class at The Dirty Apron on Nov. 1st, 2014.
- Read our latest weekly article in the NEW Westender Magazine here.
- Donate wine to the Vancouver Symphony Ball wine auction on Feb. 12th, 2015. Click here.