welcome to house wine
house wine advocates wine pleasure without pretence, where wine is demystified and laughs are guaranteed. Find out more about house wine and the services we provide. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive our latest wine recommendations and details of upcoming events.
wine of the week
Whether you are a consumer or a wine professional, it is common to go through phases where you are simply obsessed with a certain grape or region. For me, ‘the Frappato obsession’ does not seem to disappear. Whether I am on the East Coast or the West Coast, I find myself looking for that wine as much on the shelves of a liquor store as I do on wine lists. An indigenous grape from Sicily, Frappato has charming floral and cherry notes that are simply irresistible. Light on its feet with supple tannins, the delicate side of the wine makes it incredibly food friendly. Grilled salmon, duck confit, sweetbreads, rillettes or roasted chicken – you pick! Chill very slightly for better enjoyment. – MB
$24.99 (SKU # 23390) available at BC Liquor Stores.
To see previous wine of the week recommendations click here
house wine news and events
- JOIN US for our next wine savvy tasting France 101 on Oct. 29th, 2014.
- Join us for the exclusive 1982 Bordeaux Dinner/Fundraiser for the LAST Project on Oct. 30th, 2014. Click here.
- Single Men needed for our next Singles in the City cooking class at The Dirty Apron on Nov. 1st, 2014.
- Read our latest weekly article in the NEW Westender Magazine here.
- Donate wine to the Vancouver Symphony Ball wine auction on Feb. 12th, 2015. Click here.