welcome to house wine
house wine advocates wine pleasure without pretence, where wine is demystified and laughs are guaranteed. Find out more about house wine and the services we provide. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive our latest wine recommendations and details of upcoming events.
wine of the week
Welcome to the new Chile where dynamic producers are championing long forgotten grape varieties and experimenting with exciting new ones. These intriguing wines were a breath of fresh air on my jaunt to Chile last Fall. The latest offering to grace our shelves in BC is Emiliana’s Novas. Here Garnacha is blended with a bit of Syrah for a sassy version of a Rhône blend. Aromas of blackberries, heady dried herbs and flowers are followed by an exuberant mouthful of juicy wild raspberries, cherry pits and a hint of pepper. Nice assertive acidity kicks in on the finish. Give it a slight chill for extra refreshment and serve with chicken or pork, cooked on the barbeque of course. – MM
$17.99 (SKU #879635) Available at BC Liquor Stores.
To see previous wine of the week recommendations click here
house wine news and events
- house wine returns to the Harmony Arts Festival, August 1st – 10th serving beverages at Beachside Patio and the Waterfront Lounge.
- Join house wine at the Dirty Apron Cooking School for Perfect Pairings on August 29th, 2014.
- Enjoy the legendary 1982 Bordeaux vintage at a dining fundraiser for the LAST Project on Oct. 30th, 2014. Click here.
- house wine heads to Kelowna, BC on August 31st to speak at the 2014 BC Pinot Noir Celebration, Read more.
- See the 5-course menu and wine pairing from the Cicerone vs. Sommelier event at VCBW on June 4th.
- For house wine’s annual list of great summer sippers under $20, Click here.
- Read our article “Rhone Rage” in the July/August 2014 issue of EAT Magazine.