welcome to house wine
house wine advocates wine pleasure without pretence, where wine is demystified and laughs are guaranteed. Find out more about house wine and the services we provide. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive our latest wine recommendations and details of upcoming events.
wine of the week
I admit that I was skeptical the first time I saw this bottle. The name is funky. The label is fun. Would the wine be able to live up to its packaging? The answer is a resounding yes! From the cooler reaches of the Strathbogie Ranges, it’s a fantastic example of the evolution of Aussie Shiraz. Be prepared for a very pleasant surprise. More savoury than jammy, aromas of meat, leather and a snap of black pepper waft from the glass. Lush and rich on the palate with black cherry and a meatiness that echoes in the nose. Voluptuous but not tawdry, it offers a silky smooth texture. This is always a satisfying mouthful. In honour of the name, serve with game meat like venison. – MM
$39.99 (SKU #787267) Available at BC Liquor Stores.
To see previous wine of the week recommendations click here
house wine news and events
- Join house wine for Holiday Sparkle at the 39th & Cambie BC Liquor Store this December, Click here.
- Say Ciao Italy! at our next sit-down tasting we explore Italian wines on Feb.11th, 2015. Click here.
- Donate wine to the Vancouver Symphony Ball wine auction on Feb. 12th, 2015. Click here.
- Read house wine’s article here in the Nov/Dec issue of Eat Magazine about cookbook gift ideas.
- Read our Nov.25th article: “Five great wine from Beaujolais” in the Westender Magazine here.