welcome to house wine
house wine advocates wine pleasure without pretence, where wine is demystified and laughs are guaranteed. Find out more about house wine and the services we provide. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive our latest wine recommendations and details of upcoming events.
wine of the week
With less than three weeks to go before our Italy tour, it’s hard to think (or drink) about anything but the wines of Piemonte. And while I fully intend to lap up my fill of Nebbiolo (especially Barolo and Barbaresco), I am equally excited about drowning myself in the region’s more ‘humble’ grapes – like Dolcetto. I have been priming myself with a delightful new arrival to our shelves. From its vibrant purple hue, to its exuberant aromas and lush palate, Massolino’s Dolcetto simply oozes with charm. This lighter weight red is perfect for late summer sipping. Fragrant flowers like violets and roses jump out of the glass followed by flavours of juicy blackberries and cherries and finishing with appetizing licorice notes. An underlying stony minerality provides uncommon finesse. Indulge in a pizza and toast la dolce vita with me! – MM
$27.99 (SKU #189274) Available at BC Liquor Stores.
To see previous wine of the week recommendations click here
house wine news and events
- Join house wine at the Dirty Apron Cooking School for Perfect Pairings on Aug. 29th, 2014.
- Enjoy the legendary 1982 Bordeaux vintage at a dining fundraiser for the LAST Project on Oct. 30th, 2014. Click here.
- house wine heads to Kelowna, BC on Aug. 31st to speak at the 2014 BC Pinot Noir Celebration, Read more.
- NEW date announced for our next wine savvy tasting France 101 – Making Sense of France on Oct. 29th, 2014.
- Single Men needed for our next Singles in the City cooking class at The Dirty Apron on Nov. 1st, 2014.