welcome to house wine
house wine advocates wine pleasure without pretence, where wine is demystified and laughs are guaranteed. Find out more about house wine and the services we provide. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive our latest wine recommendations and details of upcoming events.
wine of the week
I tasted this wine blind a number of times over the last 4 months. Each time, it was served amongst some of the best sparkling wines of the world. And each time, I put a star beside it writing how interesting and complex it was for the price it commanded. And yes, I was surprised that this little gem was produced on Vancouver Island. Expressive notes of red apple, orange peel, hay and lees dominate the nose and the palate, balanced by an assertive acidity. Mouth watering and in need of some food to shine fully. Highly recommended as an aperitif with some rillettes and paté. Macadamia nuts and old Québec cheddar is also a perfect match! The holidays are a perfect time to indulge in this local sparkler. Santé! – MB
$24 available at Unsworth Winery on-line.
To see previous wine of the week recommendations click here
house wine news and events
- Get ready for the holidays with house wine’s Top 12 Wine Picks. Click here.
- It’s that time again to salute a great Scottish poet for Robbie Burns Day on Jan.20th, 2015. Click here.
- Say Ciao Italy! at our next sit-down tasting we explore Italian wines on Feb.11th, 2015. Click here.
- Donate wine to the Vancouver Symphony Ball wine auction on Feb. 12th, 2015. Click here.
- Michelle shares her top 3 wine picks on Vitamin Daily Montreal, read more here.
- Read our Dec. 16th article: “Five wines to drink for breakfast” in the Westender Magazine here.