welcome to house wine
house wine advocates wine pleasure without pretence, where wine is demystified and laughs are guaranteed. Find out more about house wine and the services we provide. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive our latest wine recommendations and details of upcoming events.
wine of the week
The hunt for wines that over deliver for the money extends to all price points. But it’s particularly satisfying to find truly affordable bottles that belie their cost. Who doesn’t want to drink well and still have change left over from a $20 bill? Portugal seems to be parading out one great value after another. This full-bodied red comes from the region Dão and blends three fabulous native grapes: Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz and Jaen. Aromas of black plum and violets entice. On the palate savoury earthy notes are balanced by plenty of dark brooding fruit with lingering black licorice notes making for an appetizing finish. Settle in with a mix of sausages and hearty roasted root vegetables. For more wines under $15, check out my column in this week’s Westender. – MM
$14.99 (SKU # 674622) Available to BC Liquor Stores
To see previous wine of the week recommendations click here
house wine news and events
- Our next Singles in the City cooking class at The Dirty Apron on Nov. 1st, 2014 is SOLD OUT
- Join us at Perfect Pairings at The Dirty Apron on Nov.14th, 2014. Click here.
- Tickets are available for our Wine for the Holiday’s Mingler at Marquis Wine Cellars on Nov. 19th, 2014. Click here.
- Read our Oct.28th article: “Value wines for when you’re broke” in the Westender Magazine here.
- Donate wine to the Vancouver Symphony Ball wine auction on Feb. 12th, 2015. Click here.